Saturday, September 08, 2007

Randomly Random..

Why do people always think a "fun" weekend is only when you have some plans for an outing or a party or something of sorts, why can't a weekend where you are just home tucked under the comfort of your comforter, watching movies, sitcoms, reading books and you have absolutely no plans be fun.. I exactly "plan" to do that this weekend, and am more than sure its going to be a rocking weekend.. Ah there just got an invite for a get together on Saturday :)

Why can't I have a phone conversation that lasts more than 10 minutes these days?? Ponder Ponder..
(Rewind: I used to be a total phone person back in college and a little after that, to get with the same people all thru the day and you are back home and you still find something to talk about over the phone and yet again meet the next day and still you have something to talk about.. )


Why do people who have gone back to Chennai after a long time of staying outside of it, find that there is something amiss , that the charm of the city that they left behind is not there anymore. Has something changed about my most favorite city, (I hope not) am waiting to find out, 60 days to go..

Edit: I just heard from the friend who is on a vacation in Chennai, that they have implemented gps in the city buses and the digital board in the bus stands which says ' 21H arrives in 4 mins', its still in the pilot stage but will be implemented thro the city, now ain't that kewl :)

Did you know that the movie Exorcist was inspired by the St.Louis Exorcism. Yes I live in one of the most haunted cities in the US of A

India pulled off a remarkable victory against England, chasing a target - once impossible over 300 runs. will another thriller unfold at the Lord's.. can't wait to find out..

What's at stake for Federer in the US open- A fourth consecutive US open title (will he be the first to achieve it?) , a 12th grand slam title (only Pete Sampras is ahead of him) and some great tennis matches for his fans world over to cheer about, we have already witnessed two of them :), the higher the stakes, the better he plays. I think if you are even remotely interested in watching tennis or in the game, you should watch this man play, after all, he isn't dubbed as one of the greatest players this game has ever seen for no reason.. I missed out on watching him play at the US open this time around but if am lucky, I will get to watch him next year :)

The LP (Linkin Park) concert totally rocked (literally), a crowd of over 25000, electrifying music - it was my first hard core rock concert experience (if I don't count the Aerosmith concert in St.Louis which I think sucked, they absolutely had no stage presence), I thoroughly enjoyed myself and will definitely go down as an experience of a lifetime :)

If I have to talk about live performances and experiences, memorable ones at that,this one would certainly top the list and something I that would recommend to everyone, the cirque du soleil shows, I happened to watch one of their shows called 'KA' in Vegas (tickets are priced a little on the higher side but hell who cares, the experience is priceless), the acrobatics, the stage set up -everything extravagant and mind boggling to say the least, I have never seen anything more magnificient on a stage.I always happen to have so much fun in Vegas, there is something for everyone there, the grandeur, the magnificent buildings, it sure is an architectural delight and of course the fun gambling as long as you know the limits, I have only lost money but I stopped when I did reach the limits I had set. Let me correct myself, I was told that in Vegas, you don't say you lost the money, you say you spent the money :)

I want to see a Broadway show, I still haven't been to New York :(

That was as random as I could get.. Yippee it's a Friday!

No comments: