Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Of Garbage trucks and 200 $$$$...

Just another normal day. 8 A.M we set out to work.I-55. Same way. Same lane. Music wasn't playing in the car, courtesy Miss A who was sitting in the passenger seat taking her offshore call. I was driving, M was sitting right behind me.

I hate driving in the mornings as I am usually grumpy and half asleep, but I still fight my mood and sleep and drive sometimes(mostly Miss A likes to drive in the mornings), its been a routine for more than a year now.. Gossip, insane conversations (courtesy M and me, Miss A tries to maintain sanity but in vain.. we tried to change her but that did not work either), Complaining (whats life if we have nothing to complain about), or sometimes just plain silent, this is how we travel to work everyday. Most days we do have floating members in the car. People who want to get to work earlier than their usual time or people who cudnt wake up in time to go in their regular car pool, new people who come in in.. when most of you who work in the same company stay in the same apartment complex invariably everyone would have travelled with everybody else at some point of time.


We were two exits close to work, I was driving, Miss A was still talking, M reacts to the sound of a shattering glass, well the only thing I knew at that point was that there was a really huge garbage truck to our right, and following instructions to move to the shoulder, I overtook the garbage track and moved over to the shoulder. I later found out that something flew from the garbage truck and hit the window pane on the rear right hand side, and the window pane cracked and shattered. There was no sign of anything else except for a polythene bag with a paper inside the car which flew into the car. There goes the garbage truck well past us.. and 200$ for a new window pane .. Thankfully there was nobody sitting on that side of the car today considering that there are usually more than 3 of us in the car. We drove back home( thank god for it wasn't raining nor was it winter, we only had to survive the wind blowing hard into our ears), gave our car for service, M drove her car and we were back to work to start what was another usual day at work, just an hour late than usual though... !!

1 comment:

Moon Shadow said...

oh man it really sounds freakish!! anyway good no one got hurt!