Sunday, December 23, 2007

Every Child is Special...

Bollywood in 2007 has certainly saved "the best for the last" - The movie Taare Zameen Par. Movies that can make you relate to it, make you smile, make you cry, make you think -are really hard to come by, but when they do, make sure you don't miss it for anything in the world. It's a simple story of a 8 year old artistically talented child suffering from dyslexia and his feelings. With an amazing script and Aamir Khan making his debut as a director,this movie is a heart rendering experience. The kid who played the 8 year old Ishaan, is amazing to say the least. This performance could easily be a national award winning performance. I read a review which went with the tagline - Taare Zameen Par may change your life, I don't know about that but I can say with certainity that this movie will make you change the way you look at people and their abilities and especially children. It's a movie with a big heart and a great message. Its humanly impossible to not shed tears as you relate to some of scenes. It's certainly not a sad movie, its a story of success, its a story of a character you can relate to, it could be you..

It's a soul stirring experience, Go WATCH it!

2 comments:

Rolly said...

Am yet to watch the movie to make a comment. Nicely put though I must say :-)

Clueso said...

I did watch the movie and I agree with your review completely. I don't like to get into the debate of Aamir Khan being the best actor or not, but I think he sure is good at making/acting in movies that make me feel good about bollywood :)