Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Life is a roller coaster..

Monday morning,woke up with my neck hurting beyond my tolerance levels and before you draw any conclusion ,I did not get involved in a physical brawl or neither was someone trying to strangle me, it was just that I did not manage to keep my head( "If" only I managed to keep my head :) and remembered Rudyard Kipling) on one of those crazy roller coaster rides.. yay finally managed to go to six flags over the weekend. Temperatures soaring and crossing the already uncomfortable 100F and feeling uncomfortable after eating a lot of cashews(I just got greedy, I love cashews) and just minimal sleep the previous night (after watching a late night show of bourne ultimatum- Matt Damon looked like he was born to play Jason Bourne), it wasnt a perfect setting for a theme park outing but neverthless we set out on a mission: to have fun and the destination was six flags St.Louis. It was an all girls outing, all the guys decided that heat was just too much for them to handle.

Temperature - 110F
Wait time for all the rides : 400 minutes
Actual Ride time: 1000 seconds
Thrills : Priceless.

This isn't the first time am going to six flags, but with every trip it only reaffirms my belief that I love roller coasters. I probably still havent been on the worlds most scariest roller coasters and may be I won't and all this considering that while I was in school/college , I was scared to ride on the only roller coaster in town in MGM at that point of time, I sure have come a long way. My personal favorite was the super man tower of terror. Its takes you to a height of probably a 38 (some random number there) storey building, and you are left hanging in there for a few seconds, as you get a glimpse of the whole park and surrounding and you hear the cars next to you drop, you await your turn, and there you go.. those 20 seconds of absolute thrill, there is no time to react or feel when you actually come down and before you realize you are back.. all excited :) and for the speed thrill, Mr.Freeze, the catchline is that its the coolest coaster in town, and for me it sure is, 0-70 mph in like less than 4 seconds, it is a ride that takes you through some great turns and twists and then vertically up, and before you realise you get to relive the entire ride, only this time its backwards and you are back to the start, 100 seconds of pure thrill.
Well there is nothing in the world that is 100% safe, there was a freak accident a month ago on the same superman tower of terror, a teen age girl lost her leg as one of the cables snapped and she came down the ride without her legs, hopefully the doctors will be able to help her walk. But then again the chances that we might get killed in a road accident are more, We still go the beach after the tsunami.

This line from the movie Troy as Achilles points out - " I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again "

Life is a rollercoaster, Just gotta ride it !!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool!!!

ShaZ said...

hey LP.. That's a really good one :o) U ROCK :)) \_/

Moon Shadow said...

man now i feel more awful for not being there!! anyway thats beside the point...i loved this piece of write up, it makes me want to come back to st louis just for six flags :)
about that quote on human beings and no clue thing i think you would know where i got it from more than anyone else :)